Marriage is one of the most important milestones in your life. If you are already in a relationship with Mr. Right, then marriage is not an unreal, distant prospect anymore, especially if you are in your twenties or thirties. It might be 2016 but when it comes to marriage, a woman still lives in the 1950s. Utter the word wedding and pictures of a family, cooking, cleaning float before our eyes. But, no, it isn’t cooking or cleaning. Nor is it about nodding your head and pleasing your MIL.
A marriage is a union, a partnership between two people and the responsibility is not always his or hers, but shared.
[Must Read: 10 Unbelievable Facts about Women]
Here, 12 things every woman should try to do before tying the knot.
- Experiment With Online Dating.
- Dress to impress.
- Decide how you feel about kids.
- Get started on making your career dreams come true.
- Teach yourself to cook one thing really, really well.
- Live alone. Slash with roommates
- Talk about your finances with your future spouse
- Suffer major heartbreak.
- Take tons of pictures.
- Go out with your girls.
- Travel with your future spouse.
- Hang out with your parents.
There are a lot of issues that might arise in your marriage at a later date if you’re not careful now. While the HIV test for couples is slowly getting more popular in urban areas, it needs to be made mandatory for couples planning on getting married. The test does not insinuate that you’re not of a good character but rather, should be taken as a step for the future.